Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Birthday Celebration, Part 1

Happy 5TH Birthday to my sweet boy, Grant! How was he gone from this ...

to this????  Time is flashing before my eyes!
His birthday was on Friday, Sept 6th but we started the celebration on Thursday at school!  He wanted Despicable Me Minion cupcakes...  so as any Mom would do, I hopped on Pinterest and found a cute recipe and am happy to say I did not disappoint!

 Grant's teachers made him feel super special, they went outside for a little party and they sang to him!  I apologized in advance for the sugar high!




 Grant's girlfriend, Avery!
 This was his last night of being 4.. tissue please.  This birthday has, by far, been the most emotional for me. I'm realizing how fast these past five years have gone and he's been with me every waking second, how can I relinquish him to someone else FIVE days a week for EIGHT hours a day next year? I thought I'd be excited for kindergarten but I am NOT.  Ugh.. dont even get me started.  Anyways.. he wasn't wanting to go to bed due to excitement of his birthday.  I told him "lets take a picture and see if you've grown, I bet 5 year olds are bigger".  It worked.. we snapped this photo and off to bed he went!
 Franklin makes him signs on his birthdays, which Grant LOVES!  So he had this and a pile of gifts waiting for him.  He told us the night before he wanted to wake up to a birthday sign, open all his presents and go to Chick fil a for breakfast, and thats exactly what we did!


Here was the pic I took the next morning.. yes ... I used a different angle ... and his response was , WHOA.. I do look bigger when Im 5!

 We were worried Cole wouldn't understand why "Bubba" was getting all these presents and he wasn't but he was a GREAT sport, and Grant was so good at sharing his gifts too!




 The main thing Grant sd he wanted for his birthday was a Titans football uniform with a helmet.. Franklin and I were so excited to give this to him..
 He LOVED IT!  He loved it so much that he wore it the ENTIRE DAY!!!!!

 Breakfast at Chick fil a!

 After breakfast Franklin went to work and I had some errands to run.  One of the places I needed to go was USA Fun Park, which is where I was having Grant's party.  While I talked with the owner the kids played some games, we spent over an hour there!
 The Birthday Boy requested TOOTS, of all places, for lunch! He sd he wanted to eat hot wings with his Daddy!  I mean, doesn't every kid want hot wings on their birthday?  I LOVE IT!

Cole tackling his burger!
 Grant and Franklin shared 20 cajun wings.. yes I sd 20!
Then of course the waitresses came and sang to him and brought him a delicious ice cream sundae!
We had a great day and Grant wanted Tacos for supper.  After that I had some cupcakes and we sang to him..



THey both had a great time and it was such a fun day! I will blog soon about his party that followed on Sunday!  HAPPY 5th Birthday, Grant!

1 comment:

Emily G. said...

You are a great mom!!! It sounds like he had the perfect birthday day :)