Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bounce Baby Bounce!

My friend Emily coordinated a playdate at Bounce-U here in Murfreesboro. This place is so much fun, it has tons of inflatibles and things to climb and bounce on. I just KNEW that Grant would love this because all of his best buddies were there: Nate, Will, Noah, Roman, and Abby (she got to chill out in her stroller.. being that she's only 7 weeks old! Little Angel). Anyways... we walk in the door and Grant starts screaming "Mama.. Mama" and clings on to me for dear life. I guess he's going through separation anxiety because he freaks out if he thinks Im leaving him somewhere (ex: Gym, Church). So.. I put him in the bouncing things and he screams, so then I go in there with him and he was fine. I asked my friend, Casey, if she would lift him to the slide so I could take his picture (thanks Em for letting me borrow your camera!).. and this is the reaction I got..............

Terrified... he was NOT in to it. I mean.. my kid climbs on everything and is a wildman at home.. did I seriously just pay $8 for him to sit in my lap? Instead of bouncing he wanted to play with the air-hockey table (he wasnt the only one.. sweet Nate asked me for money hahahah!) or just sit on the bench!


He finally warmed up to it... these slides were SUPER FUN but gosh were they fast!


Im pretty sure I had more fun than he did! He finally warmed up to it, esp when we found the inflatible with balls in it! All in all it was a good time but next time I won't go so close to lunch time or I will feed him a snack before.. cause all he would say is "Go.... hungy.... eat" over and over again! Oh well!!! We still had fun and we'll definately go back!

5 comments:

Emily G. said...

ALL the kids needed a snack around 11. We'll come better prepared next time!!!! :)

mary leigh said...

ha. he looks petrified! i love it!!!

Ashley said...

love the first picture. I really think Noah acted the same way!! Partly excited...mostly scared!
OH well, maybe next time our boys won't be so clingy!!

Simmons Family said...

so cute loved how you captures his expressions!! I'm guessing this is in murfreesbor right?? I will need to remember that place when landry gets older!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Me too girl! I love that place. It is soooooo much fun!