Thursday, March 18, 2010

Papa G and DeeDee's!


Last Friday Grant went over to Papa and DeeDee's to give me a break! Between Grant and Franklin being sick, I thought I had lost my marbles!!!! Twelve loads of laundry, two cans of lysol, and a migraine later.. we are all good to go!!!!!
Grant loves going to Dad's house.. he gets nonstop attention and it was a great change of scenery for him, esp since he'd been couped up in the house for an entire week!

DeeDee picked him up a new outfit... This picture made me so sad... is that MY BABY???? Does he not look like a 5 yr old kid? ugh... it makes me so sad! Anyways.. love the picture of my little "Huckleberry Finn"!

Grant was OBSESSED with this stool. They sd he carried it EVERYWHERE and helped himself to whatever he could find! They sd he would get his own juice/milk and of course a snack!

Im sure it was planned but I find this funny. Check out the screen on the TV.. for those of you who dont know.. my Dad's name is Gary.. and notice Grant is standing directly in front of the tv.. I guess he's my Dad's "Pal"!

This next photo is a SHOCKER for me. Grant slept in a big boy bed the ENTIRE TIME .. even at nap time! Now he would NOT do this at home if I offered him all of Toys R Us. I was so proud of him but at the same time I was sad.. another punch in the gut that "my baby" is a big boy! Sorry Bud but when you're at home, your butt is staying in a crib so I can keep you confined!

Here he is winding down for a nap watching Nemo... its his favorite part.. he says "WOW".

Grant and Sketchy... never leave home without him!

I LOVE these next few pictures... As you know I love to cook and I get it from my Dad! Looks like Dad has a "Chef in Training"!



This might be my new all time fave!

4 comments:

The Overstreets said...

He does look like a little boy! They DO grow up too fast! Will sleeps in a big boy bed and my Mom's house too, but you know how unsuccessful we were with one at our house. Not that I mind having my monkey confined! Hope to see you guys soon!

mary leigh said...

um, hallie, when did he grow up? holy moly! makes me a little sad, and he's not even mine!
I love the baking pictures!

Emily G. said...

I am AMAZED that he slept in a big boy bed! Nate never would have at that age!!

I agree, he is growing up TOO fast. But MAN is he handsome!!!!!!! :) Good seeing you guys yesterday.

Unknown said...

Big boy bed,huh?! How do they do it. You know if you tried that at home it would go so smoothly! He looks adorable in his baker's gear!