Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend!

We had an exciting Easter weekend! We started celebrating on Thursday when Grandpa Frank came over to play! He brought a HUGE basket for Grant! Grant dove right in to all the treats and stuffed animals! On Friday, Papa G came over with a basket that he and DeeDee made! It was filled with lots of Chocolate goodies and a super cute Predators Tshirt! On Saturday, we headed over to Buddy and Grandaddy's for an amazing day! It started off rainy but the Good Lord cleared the day off for us and it was PERFECT! Buddy always has a huge Easter egg hunt, she's carrying on the tradition that Granny and Gpa had for us! I am happy to say that we (meaning I) found the golden egg! Now... I know , I know this is supposed to be "for the kids" but deep down its really a rival that still burns inside of me between my Brother and I! He ALWAYS found it as a kid except for ONE time! I WON! Anyways... I gave the egg to little Tol because he understands that the golden egg is the "big prize" and he got it last year! I was tickled to give it to him but so excited to find that silly egg! I still got the same excitment I did as kid! I know.. Im lame!
On Sunday, we went to church and it was fantastic! Each year our church has a "musical guest" and it was Josh Turner! He was awesome! After church we headed home and Franklin's family came over! Franklin's Mom brought over a little puppy for Grant to play with and he LOVED IT! Also ... we have baby bunnies in our back yard.. how appropriate for Easter! One of them got out and he just sat near the fence the majority of the day!

Here is a slide show of our Easter Celebration! Sorry its so long! Enjoy!



3 comments:

The Overstreets said...

I almost bought that blue dress for Easter! Very cute!

Emily G. said...

love the lamb outfit!

whats in the golden egg btw??

oh and i am soooooo jealous u got to see josh turner! i love him!

Hallie Madewell said...

Thanks Casey! Wished I would've gotten theother color.. super comfy!

Em.. the Golden Egg is the "Prize Egg" with $20 in it! ITs been a rival b/t me and Tol since we were kids.. although I never got over it! HAHAHA!