Tuesday, July 20, 2010

PARTY TIME!

Happy Birthday to sweet Allie! On Saturday we headed to Jump Zone, in Franklin, for Allie's 2nd Birthday Party!
Grant was SO excited! The entire way down he was saying "Pah-ty.... Allie.... CAKE..." then he would say "BE NICE.... Friends". (We've had a little hitting problem lately so we are constantly telling him to be nice to his friends!).

He had a blast running and jumping, I had a good time too but suddenly realized my age! Whew, my body just doesnt bend and twist like it used to! Gracious!


Next was picture time! Grant would NOT line up with the other children in front of the fire truck.. instead he did this:
Yep.. thats MY BOY .. look how nice all the other children are being.. and then there's Grant.. sprawled out in the floor! Franklin and I couldn't help but laugh.. what were we supposed to do?
Finally I bribed him by telling him "Grant.. if you will sit down and take the picture.. you can have cake". He smiled and sd "CHEESE"
Of course that only lasted for a few good shots, then he decided it was time to do the "crab walk"!
My little wild man!After jumping for a while we headed back to the party room for some ice cream!
All the kids were hot and sweaty.. so the ice cream was a perfect treat before opening presents!
Sweet Maren!
Me and Elizabeth (Allie's Mama)!
Becky and Maren!Present Time!

While Allie opened her gifts.. Grant took the table decor.. . NICE!
After presents, it was time for cake! That got Grant's attention!

It was a great party and we had a blast! On the way home Grant kept telling us about Allie's "Hello Kitty" cake! He sd "Cake.. Purple... Kitty, MMMM GOOD"! Pretty sure we heard that 100 times that night!!! My little Party Animal!

5 comments:

mary leigh said...

i laughed out loud at the picture of grant laid out on the floor and everyone else acting so nice. HA! I love it!

Emily G. said...

Gosh I agree with ML....that pic of him on the floor is PRICELESS!!! Gotta love terrible two's (a little early) LOL!

The Overstreets said...

Well, I'm going to be an echo, but I did laugh out loud at G on the floor! Makes me feel better about W's behavior. Gotta love a boy who's all boy!

And, your hair looks great! :)

Leah said...

I love how in that picture it is all little girls except for one other little boy that is looking down at Grant laying on the floor thinking "dude, get up. Don't leave me up here alone with all the girls!"

Jessica said...

The picture of Grant laying on the floor made me laugh! I can't wait for all of those fun times!!! He is the most precious boy ever, so it's ok!