Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mommy/Grant Road Trip!

A couple of weekends ago, Grant and I took a little road trip to Tuscaloosa, AL to visit our sweet friends, The Givens!  This is one of our favorite things to do, we miss them so much but also enjoy getting some quality time together!  Here we are waiting on them to meet us for lunch!
We met at our usual meeting grounds of McDonalds!  We all picked up right where we left off, love having a friendship like that! It just so happened to be "National Donut Day" and they have an INCREDIBLY LARGE Krispy Kreme and we went for free donuts!  We even made the Facebook page, possibly because Emily "might" have told them that we came all the way down from TN just for a donut! hahaha  But I will say this, it was the MOST delicious donut I have ever had, it came right off the belt and freshly dipped in glaze .. and was hot to the touch... ahhh.. so good.
 Im sad to say I could not get all the pictures she took to download, :( BUT you can go to her blog and see them.  Look at my reading list to the right of the blog and click on "Bama Mama" and go back a few weeks and you can see it! I love that our boys never missed a beat, there was no fussing or anything just full time play!  NOW.... Miss Priss, Abby, oh my word, she melts my heart.  She lets me play with her hair and even wanted me to paint her nails and toes... AHHHHHH  so nice to have a little  "Girl time".  Speaking of girlie things.. let me just say this. Emily and Greg just purchased a new home and it is STUNNING!  But there is one room that absolutely captivated me and it was Abby's room. OH my word.. its every girls dream!  DANG IT I wished I could get the pics to download.. no words can describe it but DREAMY!

After letting the kids play and a delicious meal, we got the kids bathed and in the bed and Emily and I headed out for girls night!  We spent 3 hours at a little bar talking and laughing.  SO MUCH FUN!
 The next morning we went to breakfast and then to a splash pad, it was so much fun!

Thanks Emily for another awesome weekend! Cant wait to see you again!

1 comment:

Emily G. said...

loved seeing you guys!!!

so weird that you couldn't download all the pics....do you want me to put them on walgreens instead of snapfish? just lemme know.