Friday, November 8, 2013

Halloween 2013

I am so far behind on blogging, but we'll start with Halloween!  We started on Sunday by decorating pumpkins and buying our candy!  This year we let the kids paint/decorate pumpkins and they loved it!



 Grant chose an Angry Bird and Cole chose a spider!
 On Halloween day we went to school for a costume and pizza party and they got to trick or treat through the classrooms!  This is a day Im PUMPED about being a teacher, I love watching my kids participate in Holiday activities..  Here are my little spooks!  (PS. Notice Cole's earring.. hilarious!)

 When we got home I had two little boys bound and determined to trick or treat, tornado weather or not.  We had our friends, The Mooney's, over for our traditional Halloween chili supper!  I got the sad email saying that Murfreesboro trick or treating would be moved to Friday night, but unfortunately we wouldn't be home to participate... Seriously.. how could I let these sweet faces down?
 And yes, we had a costume change! Woody and Iron Man!


 I had heard on the radio that Publix grocery store was offering trick or treating and so was the mall.  We headed to Publix and it wasn't stellar but it was SOMETHING!



 The best surprise of the night was when Franklin busted through the door dressed up as Brett Michaels.. or Dog the Bounty Hunter?  Anyhow His intentions was to be a rocker and it was awesome!
 After leaving Publix we headed towards the mall (a 10 min ride that took about 45) when my neighbor called and sd "DONT DO IT" apparently everyone and their dog was at the mall and it was crazy crowded and the mall was out of candy after 20 mins.

A very sad little Grant looked at me with such disappointment and sd "But Mommy, I've waited ALL YEAR for this"... KNIFE TO THE HEART! I tried to make him understand that every kid in Murfreesboro was experiencing what he was going through and it wasnt fair but sometimes thats life.

So .. I did what any Mom would do, I refused to let my kid be disappointed so I gathered every pc of Halloween candy I had along with every tupperware dish and I made a candy scavenger hunt through the house!  Im happy to say that it did NOT disappoint and there was nothing better than hearing my precious boy say "Mommy you saved Halloween".. WHEW.. close call!









All in all it was a great Halloween but seriously hoping for better weather next year!

1 comment:

Emily G. said...

LOVE the scavenger hunt idea!!! you are such a great mom! :)