Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Crazy Couple of Weeks!

WOW... its been crazy around here for the past two weeks! We have been enjoying getting to play outside these past few weeks, Grant has really learned to play "like a boy" outside. He wants in the water, dirt, garden.. you name it.. he's in it! Not to mention his obsession with opening and closing the door. The other night he would NOT stop opening and closing the back door so we locked him out. Before you freak out, I was outside, Franklin was inside! Here is what we got!
Two Sunday's ago we went over to my Aunt Marcia's to celebrate my Mom's birthday! She has a beautiful little farm here in Murfreesboro and she is raising llamas! They are very cute but I didnt get too close.. those things will spit on you! And apparently will kick you too! However they love it when the boys are in the wagon.. they will follow them around.. they just dont want you to approach them!

Little Tol and Grant were BFF's that day! Little Tol could tell Grant to do anything and he'd do it! Not sure how great that is gonna be in the future???? I feel some plotting going on! They were so sweet, they would hold hands and Tol would pull Grant in the wagon .. it was precious! Poor Yates was having "a day" and didnt want any part of it! Oh well.. we all have our moments!


Here is Grandaddy with Tol, Grant, and Wesley!
Last week was a week I wont ever forget, personally speaking. I had a tendancy to be in a fog and Grant was such a trooper! His Grandparents took him for a few nights and took him to swimming lessons! He did great and was such a good boy! I was so glad to have him home... and was ready to get him outside to play but then CAME THE RAIN! And it seemed like it just didn't stop! Our friends, Jennifer & Jeremy, live in LaVergne and on Saturday their house flooded. So we told them to pack on up and come stay with us! They have a 7 week old baby boy, Cale, and Jennifer's Mom was also here visiting from Memphis, so it was a packed house! Cale is such a sweet baby and Grant absolutely adored him! We had a great time but we were all starting to get a little stir crazy since we couldn't go anywhere or do anything. Grant started to get SUPER FUSSY so I let him try on his new rain boots (from Papa and DeeDee) and man did he love them!


Then he really started whining and I had had enough.. so what did I do... I put his butt out in the rain! I got some strange looks but I didn't care, I was desperate! He had a BLAST! He kept saying "WAINING....... WAWA". He even stuck out his tongue to get a taste!
The expressions on his face tell all!
He fell in this mud puddle and didn't know what to think of it at first .. but then he got up and went right back!
Its been an interesting couple of weeks and we're so very blessed to have a nice dry place to stay! I'm so thankful to God for weathering us from the storm and keeping all of us and our families safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But please.... NO MORE RAIN for a few days!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I loooove the pictures of his little face pressed up against the door! LOL Great post Hallie...hope you're feeling better this week. xoxoxo

Emily G. said...

Those rain pics are my FAVE! Love the boots and Oscar shirt. He is ALL BOY for sure. Love him!

Also - the one of G & Tol hugging is precious!!!

The Overstreets said...

I love this post. Period. :)

Leah said...

I love taking pictures through the glass door. It is so funny to see them all smushed up against it!