Friday, May 13, 2011

Strawberry Pickin'

Last Saturday we headed out to Wartrace for our annual strawberry pickin'. We had talked about going to the strawberry farm for two days with Grant and he was super excited to go. That was, until we got there. I made him wear his crocs, BIG mistake. He wanted to wear his tennis shoes and I sd no because they were brand new and I thought they'd get muddy. Anyways we get halfway down to the strawberry patches when he starts crying because grass is on his feet, I mean, REALLY? Next time I will listen to him, it would've been easier to just wash his shoes than to deal with the whining. He had no interest in picking strawberries and naturally Cole was fussing at the same time. Franklin headed off to row 50 (he sd it was to get the different kind of berries, I think it was to escape the whiney kids, hahah) and I stayed on row 5 with Grant and Cole. Cole got in a full blown scream and so... there I was sitting on a strawberry patch with my hooter hider on nursing, Grant crammed in beside me all the while people around me are happily picking berries, awkward. I finally got Grant to pick some berries for me but he wanted to eat them instead, oh well, whatever makes him happy!





Cole finally gave up and chilled in his stroller!


Grant loved the roosters and chickens! Im surprised they got so close to him.



The farm has yummy homemade popsicles, cakes, preserves, and icecream. We got Grant an icecream and everything suddenly got better!













We ended up having a fun time but its a lot of work taking two kids. We enjoyed our berries and I hope to go back soon, next time we'll go AFTER nap and tennis shoes in tow! OH.. and a bottle for Cole!

1 comment:

Emily G. said...

You are my hero for ONCE AGAIN nursing while standing up!! I mean, seriously!!

I think we are gonna take the kids soon...that ice cream just looks too good!