Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Big 3!

Look at my big 3 year old boy!!!!!!! I swear he's grown just in the past month, he looks so tall and handsome and well, not like a baby anymore. The night before his birthday I came down the steps after tucking him and started crying, I told Franklin I can't believe we didn't have a "toddler" anymore. The morning of his birthday we started it off like his other two bdays, we had a pancake breakfast and a chocolate milk! It was a Tuesday, so we headed to school with creamsicle cupcakes in hand! When I picked him up they told me he was so proud at school when they sang to him, and he even got to be the "line leader" for the day!

Here are some family pics we got before school! Of course he had to have a picture with his brother first! (PS.. Im still nuts about all of Coles blonde hair!)





After school we came home to open some presents. Franklin and I had gotten him some clothes, and shoes that he needed (we knew he'd get tons of toys at his party) and he wasnt very thrilled with that (typical for that age). BUT THEN he got to open the big surprise from Mom and Dad. Let me back up for a second... when we were in Florida we were eating one night and this little boy came in with a Spiderman (which Grant also had) and a Green Goblin (the bad guy in Spiderman). Grant got so excited and asked if he could have one too. We asked the parents where they got the Goblin and wouldn't you know it was from a McDonald's happy meal from months ago. We tried finding other Goblins and Grant kept saying "I want one like that little boy had, not that one" and its all he talked about for a month. When we'd ask him what he wanted for his bday, he'd reply with "a green Goblin like that boy at the beach". SO... I did what any mother would do and did my research and found one on eBay for $4 shipping and all! It was the best $4 I've ever spent...



He was SO excited, he yelled "MY GREEN GOBLIN, thank you so much". PRICELESS!

Goblin even went to Sweet Cece's for yogurt with us that night and he has barely been put down! We had a great day with him and I've come to realize that your birthday isnt just for you, its just as special to your parents! I never understood that until I had kids of my own. I can't wait for his big party on Saturday, stay tuned!

2 comments:

Emily G. said...

Hilarious that all he wanted was a $4 green goblin!!!! Remind him of that on his 16th bday! :)

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YA'LL AT HIS PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Overstreets said...

So sweet! I love the look on his face! Sorry we are missing his party :(