Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Aunt Amy and Thanksgiving at Buddy and Grandaddy's!

Every fall my sister, Amy, comes in from Austin, Texas and spends a few days with us! I look forward to this time every year. We are very close and yet never get to see each other. Her roommate, Serena, came with her as well and we started out our visit by grilling and hanging out by the fire pit! Cole was so cranky that night but ended up coming around after an hour or so of being up!


Since Amy came later this year we decided to celebrate Thanksgiving early, we really miss having her on the holidays so this was treat!

Cole absolutely LOVED Serena.. he snuggled with her all day and every time he saw her, he'd reach his little arms out, so sweet!
And.. you know me, tripod and all, had to get the family shot!
Aunt Marcia and Cole. I love his hair and expression in this picture! You can tell he was in a spunky mood.

After dinner we headed out with the kids to some football, its so funny watching little kids play esp when they are a tad uncoordinated!





Here are a few more random pics from our day!




Chocolate Monsters

These next two pics crack me up. Only at a Grandma's house would you find a bunch of boys screaming in a closet with flashlights!


Cole figured out he liked sippy cups, he played with this thing for a good 30 minutes and when juice would come out, he'd just squeal!

After the party, Tol (and his family) and I hung around to be with Amy before she headed back to TX. We ordered pizza and let the kids play and watched football. Its always good to have everyone home and it just feels like old times, LOVE IT!

We had an awesome visit and I miss her so much already. Hopefully this spring I can make a trip out to see her in Austin. The next day my boys were so exhausted from Thanksgiving and from the lack of naps! I took these pictures and you can just see the exhaustion in their little eyes!

1 comment:

Emily G. said...

great pics! glad you had so much fun with amy & serena!!

cole is such the snuggler; I love it!