Thursday, November 3, 2011

Walden Farms

For the past 2 years we have taken Grant to Walden Farms in Smyrna to pick out a pumpkin and just walk around the farm. We always have a great time, so we headed there last Sunday (yes, we were cutting it close!). When we got there We got us a couple of apple ciders and headed in the direction Grant wanted to go.. which was to the animals!

Sometimes Franklin and I "agree to disagree" when it comes to photos... I grew up with my Dad always having a camera, as a kid we joked that he was "Olan Mills" and so now everywhere we go I feel that need to take my camera. Franklin tells me that I need to let them play and not have the camera right on them, but I can't help it, they are so cute and I want to capture every little part of their lives. Yes, when I was a child at times it annoyed but now I wouldn't trade my Dad's photos for the world. So I snagged a few pictures of all of us and then put the camera away, happy medium, right? Anyways.. here are a few our pictures! I love Grant's face, his little smile is so genuine like he's really telling that goat something sweet!
Brother was along for the ride, smiles as always!

This is where I got camera happy.. a big ol' pile of pumpkins with no one around... OH YES, I got snap happy!






Grant LOVES holding his brother.. as you can see he's heavy to Grant (poor Cole..his britches are all kinds of riding up!).
Grant thought these little guys were hilarious!
I hope they have this next year so I can compare them!
Cole was more interested in the dirt and hay.. go figure, boys will be boys.
Feeding more animals..

There is a big OLD red tractor that sits on the farm on top of the hill, every year Grant sits on this thing for VERY long periods of time and its always a battle to get him off. He was nice enough to share with his brother this year but he still didn't want to leave and he was seriously on it for 30 minutes, Im just glad there wasn't another child wanting to get on it!

We had a great day and next year we may try out another pumpkin patch but I am so partial to this one! Happy Fall!

No comments: