Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Birthday Celebration, Part 1!

Cole Miller woke up on his 1st birthday at 7:40am! I find this really odd, being that he usually gets up at 6:30, and did I mention he was born at 7:43? WEIRD! He was bright-eyed and happy as a little lark, he KNEW it was HIS DAY! Grant and I blew up balloons and he was so excited, he didn't even want his bottle!

After some playing we had a birthday breakfast of cinnamon rolls and some fruit! He put his first bite in his mouth and grinned from ear to ear! PRECIOUS.


After some more balloon play we got dressed and I snapped this sweet picture!
We ran a few errands, had lunch and got the kids down for a nap (well a rest, neither one of them napped well), and I started getting stuff ready! Here is the hat I made for Cole, that i failed to put on him :(
The banner my friend, Elizabeth Centers, made!
The INCREDIBLE cake pops my friend, Leah Coleman, made! They were super cute and delish!
The dessert bar!
Cole's smash cake that I made.

Franklin worked in the yard all day and we planted tons of flowers and put balloons everywhere, we were all ready...
.... and then this happened :( It poured
Oh well, a little rain didn't stop us from being happy and ready to party!

Franklin's Uncle Jeff came in early Saturday morning as a HUGE surprise for our family. We rarely get to see him and it was awesome having him, and his friend, Pam, here!
Of course, what would a visit with Uncle Jeff be without some wrestling?

Here we all are pre-party and I'm sad to say this is all the pictures I have :( I had every intention of taking loads of pictures but it didn't happen. SO, thank goodness for Olan Mills, I mean, My Dad! As soon as I get the disk from him I will do an entire bday post, until then, these will have to do!

2 comments:

Emily G. said...

1. You look beautiful!!
2. You did an awesome job with all the desserts!!
3. That pic of C on the fire truck is the.cutest.ever!!

Ashley said...

Wow, what a great looking party!
The Owl smash cake is adorable and so were Leah's cake pops