Thursday, May 16, 2013

End of the Year Programs

These past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind and have flown by.  We have had both boys "End of the year" programs and "Mommy and Me" breakfast...  first up was Cole's program, they did the music n motion (the one I blogged about that we did for his bday), of course he's not sitting  with his class, he's sitting with mine.  We never mastered not sitting with Mommy, oh well.... 
To this day I DO NOT know where he got this face........
 As soon as he got on stage and sat down this is what he did??? I have no idea why and have NEVER seen him do it before..
 There is a song called "Doobie Duck".. well Doobie changes colors and when he came out he was green, and Cole was TICKED that he was not blue.. look at that scowl..

 now he's mad at Teddy Anne....
 This went on for most of the program..
 Then the woodpecker song came on and he was excited.... he got to tap his sticks... or.. well....  use them as antennas .. its whatever.

Next up was the Mommy and Me breakfast... it was AWESOME...
 When we walked in to the sanctuary they had all the Mommy and Me photos displayed on the tables....
 awesome table of food...
 sweet Mommy signs...
 .......
 The breakfast was delicious and I couldn't have been more proud of my babies!


 As I walked Grant back to his class there was a huge paper flower that read "My Mommy loves to......" and Grant wrote "Snuggle with me".. he nailed that one on the head!  Some of these were hilarious. One kid wrote "Lie down because her back hurts", one kid wrote "Do laundry and talk to her friends".. so funny!

Then finally Grant's program. We had some issues with him singing.. he HATED the Tootie Tot song... I think its goofy too but he REFUSED to do the moves and sing it.  He sd it was "Gross" and about "butts"... Hystercial!  The song is really dumb in my opinion (although a lot of people like it) but I told him that in life we are gonna have to do things that make us feel uncomfortable and things we don't like, but the fact is, we have to obey.  I told him IF he chose to obey that I would take him for Bubble Gum ice cream after school.  He obeyed... but man he did NOT want to do that song..

 He loved the Annie Apple song .. had no troubles there!


 He did a great job and definitely earned his ice cream!
Papa and DeeDee were in Murfreesboro that day and got to come watch...  Papa peeked in Coles room and got spotted and naturally he ran out of his class yelling "PAPA"

 After the program we headed back to Grant's classroom for a donut party... such a great time!

Its really been an AWESOME YEAR! SO blessed to be a part of the Calvary staff and proud my kids go to such a great school!

1 comment:

Emily G. said...

cutest scowl I've ever seen! that Cole is such a stinker, haha!

love your sweet & handsome boys!