Friday, June 5, 2009

Is that my baby?

I have a question, Where did my little tiny baby go? People told me over and over "Don't blink, they grow up fast", and to be honest it got on my nerves but now I really see what they mean!
Grant has changed and gone through lots of new phases lately and although its so exciting it sure does hurt Mom's feelings!
I heard Grant playing in his room when he woke up from his nap and I just so happened to have my phone with me... I open the door to find this.....


Yes... my baby was standing up in his bed.. STANDING :( I remember when this bed swallowed him up! Although it was so sweet to open the door and hear "MAMA" and get this beautiful grin.. oh it hurt my feelings so bad! Such a bittersweet moment!


And here is his latest.. crawling.. well.. kind of... he can take a few "crawls" at a time! I'm gonna put a sign on him that says "Will crawl for food".... I have to say... he loves to eat, just like his Mama!

3 comments:

Laura said...

LOL! I love how he doesn't crawl just a bit more but stops and reaches for the Goldfish. Too cute!

I can't believe how fast he is growing either! We're coming up next weekend and I BETTER see the two of you! :)

xo!

Emily G. said...

I agree - they grow up WAY too fast!!

I have to say though...my favorite part of the day is going in to get Nate in the morning and seeing him standing and saying MAMA with a big grin, just like Grant! Love it!

mary leigh said...

um, hallie, you never had a tiny baby.... ;o)