Wednesday, October 14, 2009

First Haircut!


Today we went for Grant's 1st Haircut! I was a nervous wreck and worried all night about it! I KNOW.. its stupid.. but its just another reminder that I have a "big boy" not a baby! Not to mention, my biggest fear was that he'd lose those beautiful curls! Above and below are some pictures I took last night to show you how shabby his hair was... it was ROUGH and needed some shaping!


My friends, Emily and Leah, both go to the same girl and sd she is great at listening at what you want her to do and isnt very expensive, those are two very important staples in gettnig a haircut! Anyways, they had this super cute little pony the kids can sit on when they get their hair cut... Terra was running late so by the time she got there Grant had had enough of the pony.. so unfortunately I dont have pictures of him on it! However.. two suckers and a pack of Smarties later we completed the trim! He was a VERY good boy and just laughed when he saw himself in the mirror! Here are some pictures of his haircut!
I thought this was precious, he even got a certificate!!!!


He was SO STICKY from the suckers and his lunch that I decided to give him a bath before his nap! So his hair is still wet and it looks shorter here than it actually is!

YIPEE... we still have curls!

All in all it was a good day! No tears from him or Me! :) OH .. an yes... I have the first "snip" in a ziplock baggie!

10 comments:

Leah said...

I love his little certificate! I am so gald he was able to keep the curls - he looks so goods with his new haircut!

Leah said...

..and I can't spell the word "glad." I need a nap.

Marty Alexander said...

He looks like a little man. So cute! Where did you take him and how much was it?

M

Hallie Madewell said...

THANKS!!! I took him to Heads Up to Terra Henderson... it was $13 before tip!

Laura said...

I LOVE the cut and the curls!!!!! :) He is so beautiful!!!

Emily G. said...

Yay for keeping the curls! Terra said he was super well-behaved. He looks so grown-up!!!

The Overstreets said...

He is such a little man now! So cute!

Ashlee said...

He looks like a big boy now! Love those curls!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Adorable!!! He looks so cute!! Love it!

Jayne Weber said...

Those curls are just precious! :)