Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Little Visitor!


One of my nephews, Tol, came to visit us for a couple of days! Before we had Grant, he used to stay with us often! Now that he's 3 he can help with Grant and is easy to entertain! I've been taking Grant to a play group on Tuesday's at the Discovery Center and I knew that little Tol would love it! So.. I asked his Mama and Daddy if we could have him for a couple of days so we could take him and spend some time with him. I have to say, I really miss him and I know Grant does to! He was great entertainment for us all and kept Grant very busy, in fact Grant has tried really hard to walk on his own this week! We got some fun pictures from his visit so I thought I would share!

This picture is hilarious to me.. I was in the kitchen and new Tol was on the potty. All of a sudden I heard both boys giggling and thought "OH NO.. "... and here is what I walked in on.. I thought it was priceless!


Tol calls me "HaHa" and calls Franklin "Unkil Frankin"! Those two boys have a special little bond too, Im not sure who was more exhausted at the end of the night!

To entertain the boys while I cleaned up the kitchen (gosh they're messy!) I turned on Tol's favorite, Thomas the Train, and gave them an apple... Believe it or not Grant ate the entire thing down to the core! Way to be a healthy influence Tol!

Because Tol was on perfect behavior and always picked up the toys (Kelly.. I know our boys act different for us because we're their Mother's.. but I promise he really was perfect, I just hope he wasnt a stinker when he got home!), I rewarded him with cupcakes! He got to go to Publix and pick out his own cupcakes and icing! OF COURSE he picked the Funfetti with sprinkles! He did a great job decorating the cupcakes and they were yummy too!


The sugar is kicking in!!!!!!!


THE DISCOVERY CENTER!
Here is Tol doing the months of the year " Macarena" dance the kids do!

Grant is OBSESSED with this mailbox in "Tiny Town".. he goes straight for it as soon as I put him down! He loves opening and closing the door and handing me the mail!

This is my friend Emily's little boy, Nate! He was putting "pepper" on his pretend food! I thought this was so cute, I had to share it!

Grant playing with the trains!

Now he's in the "Home Depot" in "Tiny Town".. he's getting ready to paint!

Tol LOVED the "Music Store" in "Tiny Town"... he was banging the fire out of those drums!

The boys played with this train set for a good 30 minutes!! That place is SO entertaining!

After playing hard at The Discovery Center, Papa G treated us all to a lunch at Chick-fil-a, Grant naturally traded his toy for an ice cream cone! He really enjoyed it... in this picture he's eating it in his carseat and saying "Good" every other bite! Precious!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

We need to make a trip to The Discovery Center. Looks like fun!

Jayne Weber said...

They are so cute together! I remember seeing pictures of Tol when he was just a baby!... Where is that Discover Center at? It looks like so much fun!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Looks like the boys had a blast! I am going to have to bring them down there when swimming is over!!