Wednesday, November 11, 2009

12 month checkup!


OK OK.. so I know Im behind! Grant turned 14 months last Friday but I'm just now getting around to his 12 month checkup (gotta love insurance!)! I took him yesterday and it came as no surprise that his charts showed him as a very big boy! We're talking 97th-100th percentile in all categories.. yep, thats my boy! Again.. the Dr reassured me he's just tall, not fat or abnormal!!! He's as tall as most 2 year olds! He weighed in at 27 lbs and 35 inches tall!!!! He got three of the four shots, I chose to hold off on the MMR until at LEAST 18 mths if not longer, it scares me! He did great but it broke my heart.. she stuck him and he looked at me with big alligator tears and a abright red face, he held his little arms out and screamed " MY MOMMA, MY MOMMA", with each shot the shouting got louder! As soon as she was done I scooped him up and the crying stopped... He was such a trooper!
I can't believe how much he's grown, he does something new almost everyday! His vocabulary is booming and he's getting VERY independent too. He doesnt want me to help him eat at all.. notice the picture above.. that was him eating meatloaf at Buddy's house! Today, He fed himself tomato soup for lunch with a spoon and then asked me for "Shauce" aka: Applesauce and also ate that without assitance! It took roughly 35 minutes but thats ok, a boy has got to learn! I was surprised to only find it on his bib and not everywhere else! Im so proud of him!

3 comments:

The Overstreets said...

Wow! He is the same size as Will! Can't wait to see you two tomorrow!

p.s. - when Will saw Grant's pic he said "oh no, messy!"

Leah said...

I love his hair!

Emily G. said...

Oh, I miss that little man. Need to see my favorite "Dent" soon! :)

Glad the check-up went well btw.