Monday, November 9, 2009

Grant's Baby Dedication Ceremony!


Yesterday was such a wonderful and emotional time for me! I have been wanting to have Grant dedicated at church since he's been born but either the time didnt feel right or we weren't going to be in town on the day of dedication. I finally decided that I couldnt wait and I was not missing the Nov. baby dedication! Grant's Great Aunt, Mary Jo, sent us his beautiful outfit and I have to say I dont think I could've picked out anything more perfect! We got ready early and had to be at the church an hour before the ceremony started, those of you with children understand the chaos that can occur with that! Now that Grant is walking (well .. running) he's so hard to keep still! He managed to walk up to some baby and yank his sock off and then run off and fall on the concrete (notice how red his little knees are!). All in all it was a WONDERFUL night!

I thought he looked like a little Angel!


Me... chasing him around in stilletos.. gosh my feet were hurting!

This was during the ceremony, they announced the child, the parents, and showed a picture!

Here we are with the Associate Pastor, Pastor Jim, he annointed Grant with oil and then prayed over us as a family!


A tearful Mommy desperately trying not to fall!
So proud!

Here we are with Pastor Allen Jackson!

Grant - after the ceremony.. desperate to climb those steps!

Playing with Grandma!

We desperately tried to get all three cousins' pictures made... IT NEVER HAPPENS!
It was a such a beautiful evening full of family! I would like to thank everyone who travelled to be a part of our special night (Buddy, Grandaddy, Papa, DeeDee, Grandma, Ron, Grandpa, Tol, Kelly, Little Tol, and Yates!)! We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family!
Last night reminded me of how many wonderful Blessings God has placed in my life, he's always been a Constant in good times and in bad. I hope as a parent that I can raise Grant in a way that is pleasing to him.
Proverbs 22:6 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it"

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Beautiful post, Hallie. And a quite handsome little boy too!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily G. said...

Oh my goodness, he does look like a little angel! Those kneesocks are just too precious!!

Glad it all went smoothly, for the most part :)

The Overstreets said...

He is precious and I know how special that night was. I'm happy for you!