Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Break for Mama!

Ahhh.. Many thanks to Papa G and DeeDee for keeping Grant for us! I felt like I was at the brink of pure exhaustion due to Grant's shots, his teething, and NO NAPS this past week! They bravely offered to babysit him to let me get some rest! My wonderful husband pampered me and we even went on a date! Franklin hasnt been to the movies since I was 7 months pregnant with Grant, we went to see Couples Retreat and it was hilarious!!! We forgot how much fun it was, and how old we are.. gosh a 7pm movie is pushing it for me!

Saturday when we picked Grant up, Dad had invited Tol, Kelly and the boys over and had we all had a cookout. When Tol got to the house he was on a mission, when he gets something on his mind, there is no stopping him. He has already built my Dad the cornhole game and this time decided to build the Washers game... so he didnt eat until the game was built (what a weird-o.. food is always first!)! Tol and I usually always rival against each other (he makes me ill he's too competitive!!!) but this time we teamed up together.. we were tough to beat! Here are some pics of Grant's stay and our afternoon Cookout!



I have to admit DeeDee makes the BEST mashed potatoes.. I dont know what she does to them but they're divine! Grant ate an entire bowl of them!

After a great dinner of Turkey, Dressing, and Mashed Potatoes.. it was bathtime.. he LOVES to brush his "teesh".

Papa got wild when washing his hair!!!!

After a good bath, Grant decided to help DeeDee load the dishwasher and clean up (Poor DeeDee!)!
Then.. he knew it was bedtime.. so he went and gave Jewell some "love" before bed!

Uncle Tol and Grant!


Yates didnt want Grant near his toy.. he kept yelling "Mine ... Mine"... Grant would just look at him like "whatever dude" and try to take it again! However.. notice Yates didn't let go!

Here is Grant cheering me on in a game of Washers!
You might be a Redneck if........


Grant desperately trying to figure out how to play cornhole!

.... and he got the concept!

This is his half whine/half smile face... he was so tired and trying to laugh... I think he looks ROUGH! This is when I knew it was time to go home!
Thanks again Papa and DeeDee... I needed the rest!
PS.. Dad, dont feel bad he bit me today too.. .little Terd!

2 comments:

Simmons Family said...

Oh That is so nice that yall were able to get a little break and enjoy just each other! Grant is adorable in all those pictures!!! And I love the new pictures Brandy took of him!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

That was so fun! Aren't parents great! It is such a help when they watch our babies!!!