Monday, February 1, 2010

A few days with Papa and DeeDee!







I am super sad to report that I missed out on Grants first big snow! :( I was supposed to have a baby shower for a great friend on Saturday (more to report and blog about as soon as I get the pictures... yes ML Im waiting on you!).. but being that we had about 5 inches of snow, that got moved to Sunday. I had taken Grant to my Dad's house so I could get the house clean. I hate leaving him anywhere over night but he loves going over there and I knew he would be fine.. what I didnt know is that he would be snowed in there for four days(they picked him up Thurs afternoon, afraid that they wouldnt be able to get him on Friday)! Anyways.. he absolutely loved it and had a fantastic time!








The above picture is bittersweet to me because I can remember sledding with Dad just like that when I was a kid! Its awesome to be able to see Grant enjoy the same experience with him!


























You can tell he loved.. Im so sad that I missed it! Hopefully we'll have another good snow.. just not when Im expecting 30 + people at my house!













Grant loves my DeeDee's cats.. esp Igor (in which Grant called Eye-Gor) and he even like the cats toys more! haha

And you cant forget his obsession with glasses (or Gashes as Grant calls them!) .. I think he swiped DeeDee's! (Dad if those are yours we are gonna have to have a serious chat!).
Grant had a wonderful time and they gave me a perfect report on him! I missed him like crazy and I dont like my baby being gone from me that long! At least he was only 30 mins away.. if he would've been any further I would've probably had a come apart! At least my house was spotless for three days.. that was until Grant got home.. within 30 mins it was completely undone! Oh well!

6 comments:

mary leigh said...

the pictures and report of teh shower are up on my blog for you to steal, fyi, so you arent waiting on me!

Leah said...

Grant in his snow suit makes me think of the little kid from A Christmas Story. Too cute.

The Overstreets said...

I love him in his snow suit! The good thing is, it will never bother him that you missed his first "big snow" - no biggie! Plus, those are precious "grandparent memories"!

Simmons Family said...

SO CUTE HALLIE! i KNOW THAT KILLED YOU NOT BRING WITH HIM PLAYING IN THE SNOW! YOU CAN TELL YOUR DADDY IS CRAZY ABOUT HIM-SO CUTE!!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Love the snowsuit!!!!! I am so happy he got to use it. He looks ADORABLE in it!!!! Looks like Papa knows what he's doing on that sled and I'm sure Grant was loving ever minute!!!

Emily G. said...

Please, that last pic...TOO CUTE! I love that little booger!!

Sorry you missed his first snow though :(