Friday, June 18, 2010

A Green Thumb!

I think it's safe to say that I just might be getting a green thumb!!! The picture above shows my garden that we (Frank and I) planted the 1st of May! We planted large tomato plants, cherry tomato plants, bell peppers, banana peppers, jalapenos, squash, cucumbers, broccoli, and onions!Below.. is the garden as of yesterday!
It looks like a crazy jungle but I planted thinking everything wouldnt produce because last year it didn't do all that well! I have one tomato plant that looks like a bush! CRAZY!
I also have a little bit of fruit too! I did strawberries but unfortunately those only bloom for a short time the 1st part of June!

I can't explain the excitement that came over me when I saw my 1st cucumber, its HUGE! I had an abundance of cucumbers last year but they didn't get big at all! I'm hoping that this year I get more that look like this!
Pretty little Bell Pepper!
More Bell Peppers!

Banana Peppers! (I failed to photograph my jalapenos.. I have a boatload!)
Squash! I should have a ton very soon!
I THINK this is my heirloom cherokee puple tomato, I can't wait to taste this bad boy!
My Cherry Tomatoes! I have red and yellow... the yellow ones are so sweet!


Broccoli!
The Pear Tree.. I think I have about 9!
And last but not least, the raspberry bush! I have had tons but even though they are sweet they arent juicy :( Oh well! I can still make jam or a cobbler out of them!
Well.. that's it for now! I will keep you posted on how much produce I get! :)

6 comments:

mary leigh said...

If you come back from the beach and its all gone, don't come looking at 4441 Scottish. We don't know what happened!

The Overstreets said...

I am SO impressed!!!! You're welcome to share an excess tomatoes with the Overstreets :)

Leah said...

Your garden looks great! You made it look so easy. I might give it a try next spring. I showed Andrew and he wanted to know how you kept the bugs off of the raspberries. I am more worried about keeping out a dog if we do a garden. ;)

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

WOW! Can you come teach me next spring?? That is so great!

Ashley said...

Your garden makes me sad and jealous. Sad because I missed another season to plant a garden, and jealous because... well, isn't everybody else?! ~ Cary

Simmons Family said...

That's awesome Hallie!! I have alwaysl wanted to do a little garden and i think you have inspired to try more than tomatoes next year! by the wya i posted my response to you question about my dress on my blog. hope yall had a blast at the beach!!