Friday, February 4, 2011

Off The Charts!

On Monday I took Grant to the Dr for a checkup and to get his last vaccine. He was definately a character for Dr. Bradley. She was so proud of him for being potty trained esp at his age. While discussing potty training and big boy underwear he proceeded to take them off, put them on his head and bend over and tell her "Hi" through his legs! NICE! Pretty sure my face was as red as a tomato but I couldnt help but giggle and quickly apologized. Lucky for me she has three boys and thought it was hysterical.

To sum up this post I got tickled at his measurements when she brought me the above chart (If you click on it you can see it better). She sd "As you can see Grant has been "off the charts" since he was 9 months old. Did she say 9 months old? I mean, I knew he was a big baby/boy but for some reason that just struck a chord with me. She sd.. he's so healthy but measures almost as a 4 year old. He weighs in at 38 lbs and is 41 1/2 inches tall. CRAZY! She sd.. he's just a good/healthy/tall boy! Thats all I needed to hear! For fun I found a picture of Grant and I at the beach.. he had JUST turned 9 months! Looking back, I had no one to compare him to, to realize he was such a big boy.. but now... I see it!!!!!!!
And then here he is with his 21 months old cousin (left) and his 4 1/2 yr old cousin (right)! Yep.. I'd say he's "Off the charts"! My back happens to agree!!!!!!!!!
PS. I guess the fact that he's in 4T clothes... should've been another sign!

4 comments:

mary leigh said...

holy moly. that picture of him at 9 mths! He's bigger than Bates at 2!!!!
It's crazy to think he and Bates are only 3 months apart!!!! Grant is twice as big as Bates!

The Overstreets said...

Big Boy!!!! That's why I always think he's the same age as Nate and Will! BTW, the pic of the two of you is beautiful!

Emily G. said...

Work it, hot momma!!! :)

I love your boy - big or small!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Yep, he's a biggun'! Guess you will be giving me the hand-me-downs for Yates instead of me giving them to you! Works for me! LOL!