Monday, October 31, 2011

Tuscaloosa

Grant and I took a special trip together to Tuscaloosa to visit our friends, The Givens! They moved in July and we have missed them terribly. Emily and Nate came up for Grant's birthday but we haven't see them since. Grant and I stopped about halfway down to eat lunch and he was so excited, he started telling all of these strangers that he was going to see Nate and Abby-doo and was going to spend the night! It was so sweet seeing his excitement! I was just as excited to see Emily and get some girl time! When we got there I was in SHOCK at how much Abby had grown and how much she is talking. She is such a little beauty and full of character! I brought her an early bday present since we can't make the party.
Emily had a fun craft for them to do, spider cookies out of oreo cookies, so fun!


Seriously, could she be any cuter?
Grant and Nate have been nuts about Toy Story for as long as I can remember so this is fitting! Speaking of Toy Story, Nate and Grant have the same Buzz Lightyear but for some reason Grant likes Nates better? Its so weird. He started talking about this Buzz from the second I told him we were going to visit them, he barely put it down the entire time we were there, thank you Nate for sharing.
Emily set up an air mattress for Grant and the kids had a great time jumping on it and watching themselves do silly things on the video monitor!



I really enjoyed getting to play with Abby! I would hide and jump out and scare her with my arms up in the air and yell "RAWWR" at her.. and she would die laughing and then do it back at me!
After dinner, the kids stripped down to their skivvies and had a dance party, hilarious
Whatta ya know, Grant is dancing' with Buzz


This picture is hilarious to me.. look at Abby shaking her booty, she's got the arms and all and YES she was on beat! (She gets it from her Mama!).
After the dance party was bath and bed! Grant didn't sleep
The next morning we had a delicious breakfast and then headed to Bowers Park (I think!), the kids had a great time and ran off some energy!





We had such a wonderful time and can't wait to go back to visit again. We miss The Givens SO MUCH but we are so glad they are happy in Tuscaloosa! Grant really misses Nate and Abby and it was so awesome watching them play together! I was super thankful for the park play because Grant slept the ENTIRE 3 hrs and 45 min ride home!
Again, thanks Emily and Greg for having us, we miss you so much and had a great time!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like a fun trip!!
Glad you were able to see Em and the kids!

Emily G. said...

I still can't believe G slept the whole way home!!!!! Insane!!

Love you and miss you already!