Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fall Creek Falls

A couple of weekends ago we headed out to Fall Creek Falls.  I was super excited because Dad took me there tons as a kid and I couldn't wait for my kiddos to get the experience I had.  We rented a Fishermans cabin (not much has changed in 20 years, Haha) and it was AWESOME!  Very simple and "make do" but not really conducive to a 1 year old but we made do!  As soon as we got there we unloaded the car and then packed a snack bag and headed to our first stop!  However someone made themselves to the snack bag before the park! Have a snack Cole!




 At this stop, we had a picnic and then headed to the fishing hole!  Early that morning I got my fishing license and a new pole and couldn't wait to test it out!  Grant was fully equipped with his Spiderman pole, tackle box, and a snack!  Life couldn't be any better!

 A 3 year old doesn't quite understand the patience in fishing! He'd cast and reel back over and over!
 NO FISH? Forget it, Im done!
 Ahh... now its Mama's turn!  Thanks to Papa and Deedee for taking the kids for a walk so I could have a break!


 WOOT WOOT, look who caught the first fish!!!!!!!!!!!



 Cole enjoyed fishing too!
 The view from our balcony at night!
 Saturday morning it was FREEZING and drizzly outside.  We made coffee for us and some hot chocolate for the kids and got our morning started off right!  We wanted to have a fish fry so we knew we better get and early start!


 YAY!  Grant got his first fish! He was so proud!

 It finally cleared up enough to where we could get out and go for a hike and have another picnic but first we had to stop at the giftshop/convenient store!
 My little Davy Crockett!
 Then back down to the creek we go, Franklin and Grant had to stop to "wet the do".  NO THANK YOU that water was freezing but they didn't care!


 Thanks to my friend, Leah, she let me borrow this INCREDIBLE backpack for Cole.  He was beyond clingy on this trip and he was so happy and content in this contraption!  I loved it because it was easy to carry him and I could still have my hands!

 I think he enjoyed being at an adult level, he kept stealing Papa's hat!
 This swinging bridge made me NERVOUS.. I felt very uneasy on it but it didn't bother Grant a bit!

 Every year that I've been to Fall Creek Falls I've had my picture made on this very rock.  You have to make a little jump to get to it, which usually isn't a big deal, but being I had an extra 20 lbs and precious cargo on me, I had to be careful!  BUT I MADE IT!



 Thanks for Daddy for helping me back over!  AND YES, Cole is strapped in and very secure!

 After an early start to the day and lots of hiking Grant was starting to meltdown so we headed back to the cabin for naps!
 We ended up catching about 5 fish and we brought some for back up!  Cole at the FIRE out of the fish and loved every part of it!  Grant... well.. he slept through it!  Poor guy slept from 545pm to 630 am!
 our cabin!
 Sunday we packed up our stuff and decided to hit one more trail before heading home. It was miserably cold and the kids were tired.  It didn't last long!





We had an awesome trip and we thank Papa and DeeDee for taking us! :)

3 comments:

Emily G. said...

that backpack is awesome!!!

and I LOVE that you caught the 1st fish! (not loving the pic of you touching it though.....ewwww)

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Great pics!!! Looks like so much fun!! So sad we missed it :(

Jason & Christan said...

Ok, you climbing Mt. Everest (ha!!) with a kiddo on your back was IM-PRESSIVE :) Looks like you had such a fun time. We'll have to look at that for ourselves.