Monday, May 14, 2012

See Spot Run

 I am happy to announce that my friend, Leah, and I have completed our 1st 5K race!  I have never  been a runner, nor have I ever enjoyed running but I have to say, after doing this race, I completely change my mind!  When we started running together I hated running on that blasted treadmill and could not wait until my time was up, but there is something about being outside, with a friend, in a real race that is a RUSH!

We both knew that we wouldn't reach our intended goal due to Leah having shin splints and me getting bronchitis just days before the race.  I was bound and determined I was running, I had trained too hard not to go!  So Andrew and Leah picked me up bright and early Saturday morning and off we went!  Leah and I were both sooo excited!
 We felt so official after getting our numbers!
 I have to say, I am SO PROUD of us!  We had joked that we may be last but we were running that race, by golly!  And boy did we, we ran it in 35 mins and 40 seconds, just five mins shy of our intended goal.. and that was with a hurt leg and clogged lungs!  WOOHOO!!!!!  Leah placed 11th in her age group (sorry I forgot how many there were total but there was a lot) and I placed 7th out of 23! Not bad for the first time!  Here we are proud after our race!  And for the record, the reason we don't look hot and sweaty was because we had waited an hour for the results!
 And a big shout out to Andrew who one a "trophy", a hammer, for placing 2nd in his age group.  I do believe he finished in less than 22 mins!  WAY TO GO!
So fun and I can't wait to run my next race!

2 comments:

Emily G. said...

so proud of you guys! and even more excited that you want to do another race!!!

Ashley said...

YOu GO Girl! Glad you were able to run even though you were sick.