Monday, June 11, 2012

Hell or High Water Race 2012

 Saturday Leah and I had our second 5K race!!!  I was super excited, I even made my own "race tank top" out of an old tshirt! When we got there we did our warm up and Leah mentioned a few times she didn't feel very good and was queazy.  We both thought it was her nerves, however the day before she'd been super icky with allergies.  After about 30 mins of a warm up and chatting we headed to the start line!  It was AWESOME seeing all of our family there to support us!
 Here we are pre-race
 And here we are after the race

May I just mention that this girl right here is a CHAMPION!  I mean... seriously, I would have NEVER finished the race if I would've been her.  At about the half mile mark I could tell she wasn't feeling well at all and she kept saying she thought she was gonna vomit and for me to leave her.  I sd NO I will stay with you, I want to be sure you're ok.  She kept saying "Seriously, leave me".  SO I double checked to make sure she was ok, and I took off running.  Here she is headed for that finish line!
 Andrew and Colin.. SO PROUD of Mommy!
 Here is my sweet support group:  Grandaddy, Franklin and the boys!
 Colin and Grant.. the future athletes!
 A big shout out to my husband for waking up at the crack of dawning and getting the boys ready and driving them all the way down to Nashville to watch us!  It was an awesome moment crossing the finish line seeing them cheer for me!
Speaking of that finish line I have to admit.. it was EXCITING!  I am mad at myself for not pushing harder at the end but it was HOT and I was whipped.  Last race I finished in 35:40... the best I've ever done on the treadmill is 32:38...  We didn't get our times at the race because the computers went down and I was certain I didnt place but my stepdad told me he thought I made it in around 33 mins! I was happy with that because it was still better than my last race.  Later that evening Leah texted me to let me know times were up!  I finished in 30:08 and finished 5th out of 29!  I am SO excited!  So next time I'd like to finish in about 29/28 and land in the top 3.  Thats high hopes for a girl who hates to run! But it was fun!  So glad Leah ran with me and can't wait to do more :)

1 comment:

Emily G. said...

so proud of you both! way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

and shit I better watch out, you're gonna pass me soon and I've been running since I was 14! :)