Saturday, June 2, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Last weekend we headed up to Ohio to see Franklin's Grandparents, Gigi and Pops! We try to make it up every Memorial Day and then once in November.  Friday night we did our usual, unloaded the car and headed up to Marion's Pizza DELISH! Saturday was BEAUTIFUL we played outside in the yard and Franklin and I went up to my favorite spice store and came back and had a fish fry! So good!
 A few of my favorite things about being at Grandma's!








 I have told many of my friends that Cole is our little "Dennis the Menace" ... need I say more?
 Cole was cutting his first molar while we were up there, which meant NO sleep for me and he was stuck to me like glue.  You know if Im begging to wash dishes, he's driving me nuts!  Grandpa/Pops was kind enough to take him on the porch and let him bang the chimes, that had to be more soothing than the constant whining!
 Uncle Jeff made his way down on Sunday!  The kids are CRAZY about their Great Uncle Jeff!  Cole would walk up to him and just hold his little arms up and grunt at him to pick him up!  And Grant... well, he just pounces all over Jeff!

 While Grandma cooked another amazing meal, there was lots of water time outside again!

 Then after eating, we let the kids have their own ice cream cones, Cole was in HEAVEN!



 In the next couple of pictures check out all the ice cream all over Jeff!  Poor guy, however he was the one bouncing him around!







 Memorial Day we headed up to watch Jeff and Erin play on the lake!  They did an OUTSTANDING job as usual!  I could've stayed all day but the kids were hot and hungry so we only stayed for 2 sets.

 Cole was mesmerized the entire time, he'd dance but keep this stare on his face!
 Erin, that sings with Jeff, is 5 months pregnant signing her lungs out and in 90 degree heat, she's my hero!

 Tipping Uncle Jeff
 Back to my little Dennis the Menace.  He climbs on EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING.  He would climb on this stool over and over and then get down and get back up.  He liked to dance on it too.



 I do believe Gigi was in heaven with her great-grandbabies but I also know she had to be whipped when we left, the kids were NONSTOP!



We do appreciate all the delicious food, comfy beds, and wonderful hospitality!  We love you Gigi and Pops!

1 comment:

Emily G. said...

oh how I love that little Dennis! and the glimmer of mischief in his eye!! :)