Thursday, March 10, 2011

Funny Grant Quotes!

As I've said before, Grant amazes me with the funny things he comes out and says sometimes. I am amuzed by him everyday and sometimes I don't even know how he knows what he does! Of course I'm partial but I feel like he's so smart for his age and I love his personality (even the strong-willed days)! Here are a few funny things he's said in the past couple of days that I couldn't help but share.

We were riding in the car and he sd: "Mommy, I be nice to you and you take me to Chicken-Filway" (meaning Chick-fil-a)

Me: "Grant, clean up your toys, Im not going to ask you again"
Grant: "No Mommy, I'm too sick" (PS.. he's not sick at all.. just a stall tactic but I still busted out laughing)

Franklin: Grant, you ate a great supper tonight, Im gonna fix you a banana split tonight for a treat!
Grant: (this was about 10 mins after Franklin had told him he was getting the treat) he yells "Hey Daddy.. where's my Panana Spwit, I NEED IT"

Franklin grilled some chicken and there was a lot of seasoning on it and it was dark from being grilled. I sd "Grant, what are you doing, eat your chicken".. he was picking at it and sd "No Mommy, there's Lady Bugs on my chicken"

AND MY FAVORITE
We were saying his night-time prayers and I sd "And thank you Jesus for our family" and Grant interrupts and says "And Jesus, thank you for Tato Head" (Mr Potato Head). My heart melted and I just grinned and sd and "yes, thank you for Potato Head, AMEN" and Grant sd "AMEN".

As I told this to his Grandaddy he made a very good valid point that I can't stop thinking about. He sd "Dont you know Jesus was in heaven smiling and laughing when he heard that precious boy say those words, children are so innocent and so thoughtful, and Jesus' love is so unconditional, we are very blessed". I look forward to many more prayers and hearing what Grant will come to pray about. It excites me to know Jesus is smiling down on our child (or children!) and us as individuals. I hope that we are the parents He needs/wants us to be!

Speaking of "Children", I am feeling OK, definately feel like I'm getting super close! I will post updates tomorrow (if I can remember!) after my Dr's appt!!!

3 comments:

Emily G. said...

ok, the ladybugs comment made me burst out laughing....thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything at the time to spit out!!

very very sweet about praying for potato head. seriously. he is such a good kid.

btw, I just noticed on your sidebar that "violet" is already 7 lbs. no wonder you're ready! LOL

Ashley said...

I agree this age is extremely fun when it comes to their vocab. and expressions!:) Thanks for sharing these funnies with us.
Love his sweet prayers...no wonder Jesus called us to be like little children!:)

Jessica said...

Love Love Love the ladybug comment!!! Made me smile. I hope Kayleigh can make just as cute comments as Grant one day!!
And yeah for baby Madewell...getting SOO close. I can't believe he/she is almost here!!