Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A New "Do"

Last Friday I took Grant to get a "trim". I am very attached to this kids hair. I know it definately needed cutting (See above) but his curls/hair is pretty much the only "baby" left of him, therefore I am super attached. I took him to a place on a whim (MISTAKE) that will remain nameless because I realized it was Friday afternoon and his school pictures were this week and I knew my usual gal wouldnt be able to squeeze him in. I sd "he just needs a slight trim and cleaning up around the back and sides"... A SLIGHT TRIM. She told me that she was gonna use clippers (should've been my first clue) but use the "longest" setting. OK... I turn around to get something out of my purse and see TONS of hair hit the floor, I literally lost my breath. I was STUNNED.. she zapped my kid.. I couldn't speak, I just stood there with my mouth open. I know I had to look like a deer in headlights. I paid her and barely got outside before I started sobbing my eyes out. I am SUPER EMOTIONAL right now esp when it comes to Grant. I am having a hard time letting go of him being a baby and becoming a big brother and for some reason this was icing on the cake. I called Franklin boohooing and he kept saying "it will grow back, its ok", and I knew he was right.. but I wanted his hair to be curly in his pictures for school, and for Easter, and for the "Newborn" pics with his new sibling. OH WELL! As the weekend went by I still pouted about it but it is finally growing on me. He looks OH ... ten years old now! I didnt need any help with him looking older, but he does look more and more like his Daddy. I have to admit its so much easier to fix, I just hate how big he looks! Anyways.. here are two pics of the new Do!


I know you're probably laughing at me.. but the first day was way more dramatic looking!

4 comments:

The Overstreets said...

It is SUPER CUTE!!! However, I get it! TJ and I took Will for a haircut Sunday afternoon before we left (I was already nervous about our trip) and she used a "1" guard on his hair! I just looked at TJ in complete shock and sadness! But, I have to admit, it's cute! Just wish they didn't have to age 10 years every time they get a haircut!

Emily G. said...

ok he looks like a model in that 2nd one. seriously. your kid could be bald and he'd still be beautiful!!! :)

Ashley said...

It's def. hard to watch them grow up, isn't it?! But lucky for you, Grant looks adorable both ways!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

He looks so cute! I love him both ways! He is so precious that he can pull off long curls, or short curls like his dad!