Monday, April 4, 2011

ITS A BOY!

I can't belive March 31st has already come and gone! Above is me, minutes before I got in to my lovely gown. YES, I have makeup on and my hair fixed because I only slept an hour and a half the night before! So I figured, why not.. I will get ready and be somewhat decent when my baby arrives. My experience this time was 100% different than it was with Grant. I didn't exactly love being fully aware of my csection but I did absolutely LOVE hearing that sweet cry.. it seemed like forever before they told Franklin he could peak over to see the gender! I will never forget him being the one to tell me that we had another son. I could not get the smile off my face. The minute I looked at him I knew his name, Cole Miller Madewell!

8 lbs 12 ounces and 20 inchesLove at first site!


Everyone waited very patiently. We had been told prior to registering that Franklin would get to walk the baby out and let him reveal the gender. However, Baptist works a little bit different. No one could see me or the baby until after I got out of recovery which well after 10am. I had been back there since 645 so everyone had gotten anxious. The way we revealed the gender was when Cole was taken to the nursery, Franklin went and told everyone to stand in front of the glass and he had the nurse bring him to the window and they saw the blue name tag! Well.. and they were bathing him! Then Franklin told them his name!
They sd he screamed during his bath and footprints but loved having his hair brushed. I think this picture looks exactly like Grant when he was a baby!
Finally all of the Grandparents got to come in and see him. I am sick that I dont have a copy of the picture of Cole's Great Grandparents holding him. I hope to get that soon and post on here.


Franklin's Mom, "Grandma"
"Grandaddy" (Note: Thomas COLE McCord)!
Buddy and Grandaddy (My Mom and Stepdad)
Uncle Tol (My brother)
Papa G (My Dad Gary MILLER Swindell)
Grandpa (Franklin's Dad)
DeeDee (My Stepmom)
The next event just so happens to be the absolute BEST moment of my life... Emily was visiting with me and I heard a little knock on my door to see this:
My precious Grant.. who now looked like a ten year old boy to me rounded the corner with flowers and grinned from ear to ear saying "HI MOMMY".. he came to my bed and climbed right up and sd "Where's my baby Cole, I need to hold him".

He is CRAZY about Cole, he loved on him, rubbed him and told everyone how sweet he is. The lactation nurse came in and he sd "Dont give my baby a booboo".
I couldn't be more proud of both of my sons!

Cole gave Grant a Leapfrog Tag reader and book and a pack of Smarties.. of course look what he was most excited about.. The Smarties!
Emily was getting one more "Cole fix" and Grant look at her and sd "Emily I need my Cole back, I need to hold him"!

I had a fantastic visit with Grant and many more friends and family. I had great nurses and a good experience this time. On Saturday we got the good news that we could come home and I was SO EXCITED! I dont like this picture because Cole's eyes are so red and swollen from that funky cream they put on their eyes but I wanted a good pic of us leaving!

Home Sweet Home!
There is so much truth to the saying "There is no place like home". I thank everyone for all their warm wishes, thoughts, and prayers. I thank God for my beautiful family and our healthy and recovery. Please continue to pray that our family of four has a nice transition and we all stay good and healthy!

5 comments:

Emily G. said...

ok....I am a sobbing mess....

1. I love the new header pic of the boys.
2. I love saying "boys" :)
3. Being able to witness G&C meeting was one of the sweetest moments of my life! Funny, I didnt cry when N&A met, but I did when your kiddos did. Ha!
4. He does look like he's 12 holding those roses. Sweetness.
5. Your coming home pics made me cry too! What is my deal!?

Love you and am SO happy for you! I can't wait to hold that baby boy tomorrow! Hopefully Abby won't poke his eyes out haha

Ashley said...

He's finally here!!:) So glad to read that you are home and doing good.
The pictures are absolutely beautiful and precious.
Glad that Grant is doing great with Cole too!

Allyson said...

OK, I have to say it: Who else but you, Hallie, would look fantastic in that shower-cap thing?!!! :)
I am so thrilled that Cole is here safely and that all of you are adjusting so well (and from your post, we can infer that Grant is being the PERFECT big brother!!!!!) Congratulations on your newest addition! Love you!

Leah said...

I know it is a surprise whether you find out at 20 weeks or at birth, but dad getting to be the first to announce "boy" or "girl" at the birth makes it worth the wait. That is one thing you don't get to do at the ultrasound.

Cole is beautiful! He looks so much like Grant. I can't wait to meet and hold him!

The Overstreets said...

I can barely contain my JOY after reading this!!!! I have to hold that sweet cutie pie soon! Love his name! And yes, you look absolutely gorgeous in every pic!!! So so so happy for you all!