Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Just about every Memorial Day weekend we go to Ohio to visit Franklin's Grandparents (Grant calls them Gigi and Pops). It usually takes us 5 1/2 hours to get there and this year it took 7. I can't complain the boys were PERFECT! We only stopped three times and then got hung in some traffic 15 minutes from their house, that always happens to us!

When we got there we let the boys stretch out and then headed back out for some pizza! Saturday we decided to grill out and stay outdoors since it was so nice. Grandpa got out his lawn mower and wagon and took Grant on a ride. He was a little timid at first but then loved it.



Grant has a new thing with pennies and money. I don't want to just give it to him, I make him earn it. I don't want him to think that you can just ask for it and its given. SO we made him help Pops pick up sticks in the yard!

Grant found a worm and loved it! He'd throw it and say "Where dat wum go?"



Grandma and I hung out on the porch with Cole!


This picture cracks me up because you can tell Grant is really telling Pops something. He says "Pops.. you a booger".

Smiley pants ...





This might be one of my favorite outfits.. above is the front and below is the back! It cracks me up!

Sunday we got up and went to church with Gigi and Pops and took some photos before the kids got all messed up!









Sunday afternoon, Franklin's uncles all came over to see the boys! Here is Cole with Uncle Steve..
Aunt Mary Jo...


Uncle Jeff



Uncle Bob...
Aunt JoAnn



Monday morning we got up early and packed up everything, had breakfast and hit the road. It was MISERABLY hot.. so hot that my car couldnt keep up and we kept the air on high and we were all red faced and covered in sweat when we got home. But again, the kids were excellent! It took 7 hours going home with only two stops. We got stuck behind another wreck.. .and I was suddenly humbled. As I was sitting there at a stand still thinking about Cole needing to be fed, Grant being hungry and all of us burning up, I looked over to see a demolished car and thought " I Have nothing to complain about". I stopped to thank the good Lord for protecting us on our way home and for our wonderful family! I hope everyone had a fantastic Memorial Day, we did!

3 comments:

Emily G. said...

GREAT pics!!! Love the horsey outfit on C too.

And the fact that G was picking up sticks for a penny...hilarious!

Jessica said...

The things kids do for money!! haha Love the horse outfit....the tail makes the whole thing. Glad we could hang out this AM!

Ashley said...

I totally understand the LONG road trip to Ohio with two kiddos!!
Glad you made it there and back safely too!:)