Thursday, July 7, 2011

Brotherly Love

To say that Grant loves his brother would be a big understatement. The entire time I was pregnant I often worried how he would react to being a brother and if he would be jealous or resentful. I can proudly say that God answered all of my prayers and calmed my fears. Grant is an AMAZING big brother. He loves to help me with anything that has to do with Cole. He is also very protective of him, which is a trait I hope always stays true to form!

Grant smothers him with hugs and kisses and wants to hold him all the time. He likes to wear matching shirts (YES with my influence but he still digs it and I am gonna take full advantage of it before he thinks its dorky!).

Whenever I undress Cole, he wants to strip down to his undies too. He loves to touch his belly to Cole's, he thinks its hysterical.

This is something that absolutely melts me. When Grant walks in the room, C's face just lights up. Sometimes out of fear (ha!) but mostly due to excitment. If Grant is in the room he just watches him and smiles and coo's at him. I think its precious and again, I hope this lasts forever.

The mornings are my favorite times with them. Cole gets up first and then we go get Grant up. Grant is usually sittin on the edge of his bed patiently waiting for us and when we open the door he sings our good morning song to Cole, he'll say "Hi Brother... Good morning to you, how do you do", its so sweet.


I know I have many scuffles and fights ahead of me but I sure hope that Grant continues to love Cole and be protective of him. I also pray that Cole looks up to him and that they are super close and share a special bond. I love my boys so much and am beyond blessed to have them!

3 comments:

Emily G. said...

ALL OF THESE PICS ARE SO PRECIOUS!!! You are right...you are so blessed to have those sweet boys. And they are equally as lucky to have each other. And you! :)

Ashley said...

Oh it brings me great joy to hear that your boys are doing so well together!:) Miss you all...hopefully we'll see you soon! This summer has been too busy!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Those pictures are awesome! I need a copy of the one on the title of your blog. So sweet!