Monday, July 18, 2011

Party Time!

This weekend we had two very special birthday parties to attend! First on the agenda was Nate's 4th Birthday! I can't believe it.. it seems like I was just attending his 2nd birthday party.

Grant was a little timid at first, he wouldn't talk to anyone and didn't want to play which is very unlike him. Esp since we were with all of his friends from his regular play groups, then it hit me, the last time we were at a "Bounce House" he got hurt. After about ten minutes of holding on to my leg I felt him let go and off he went to find Nate and Noah!


The kids jumped for about an hour and then off to the party room where there was pizza, cake, presents, and a big chair for the birthday boy! Nate was sweet and shared the chair with his friends!

Cole was such a sweet boy at the party. Despite being his nap time and being tired he was still all smiles! Em's Mom, Beth, got to give him lots of love. There's nothing like love from a Grandmother! I swear babies know other Moms/Grandmas!

I absolutely LOVE this next picture! I think its so precious of both Emily and Nate! Beautiful!

All the kids were super excited about cupcakes! .....

.... Abby loved hers too.. it was so funny watching her eat this. Girlfriend inhaled it and had no problems having frosting all over her!

Grant asked for a "Panilla Pupcake with Staws" Translation: Vanilla Cupcake with Stars!

I don't think I have ever heard Grant or Noah be this quiet. Im not sure they even took a breath of air in between bites!

We had a fantastic time at Jumper's Playhouse for Nate's party but it was over at 12.


So.. we got in the car and headed to Brentwood to drop off Cole with Grandaddy so he could at least get one good nap in. After a fast change of clothes, Grant and I headed to Columbia to Allie's 3rd Birthday Party at The Royal Brush to paint pottery!

Beautiful birthday girl!

This too, hurts my feelings a little.. I remember the day she was born, and it does NOT feel like she should be 3. I guess thats because I know Grant is next!

Grant was one of the only boys there, but he didnt seem to mind, esp once he realized there was "panilla" icecream to be had!


I have to admit I was extremely skeptical about taking a 2 year old to paint pottery. I thought it would be a disaster but he actually LOVED it and did a great job.

Elizabeth told the kids "You have 3 things to choose from, a monkey, fish, or catepillar". Grant yelled as loud as he could "I'll take a dolphin". WHAT? That wasn't even an option! He ended up picking the Catepillar and as he was painting it all he could say was "My Daddy will be so proud of me, he's gonna love this". So sweet.

We had a great time at the parties! Grant and I were super tired from our day but it was well worth it! Happy Birthday Nate and Allie!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Emily G. said...

still can't believe you had TWO toddler parties in one day! exhausting!!

so glad ya'll made it to N's...wouldn't have been the same without our BFF's!