Tuesday, April 28, 2009

ISR: Infant Swim Resource! Thank you Aunt Kelly!


I just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to my wonderful sister-in-law, Kelly! She's teaching one of the most remarkable programs I've ever witnessed! ISR is a wonderful program that teaches infants and young children water survival skills. I started Grant in this program last week and its 5 days a week for 4 weeks for children his age. I can't believe how much he's already learned! I wont lie, its not fun to watch because as a parent it does scare you. My theory on this is.. had I rather watch him cry and struggle with a trained professional in arms reach of him or had I rather watch him have an accident in the water and possibly lose his life? Anyways.. I'm so very proud of Grant and wanted to put up a post of his first week! Dont let the videos scare you, Kelly knows what she's doing! If anyone is interested in this program feel free to email me and I will give you her information or you can visit her blog at http://www.swimisr.blogspot.com/

This was taken right before class! What a stud-muffin in his speedo's.. or as my nephew says.. his "Skivvies".

Grant is floating without assistance! Her hands are under him just in case!

Uncle Tol comes to watch! He's making sure he's "wakeboard ready" for the summer!

Papa G comes almost every day! :)


This was his first "roll"!

Ahhh... ALL DONE!
Here is the video.. dont worry... he screams the entire time but he's fine! And he still loves his Aunt Kelly! Sorry if the sound messes up and excuse the screaming!

4 comments:

The Overstreets said...

I'm intrigued and terrified all at the same time. Where do you take him for the lessons? Tell me more. BTW, Grant keeps getting cuter and cuter!!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Those pics are so good! He is just precious!!!!! I LOVE seeing him everyday!

Elicia said...

I don't see a video!! :( When did Kelly start doing that?!? That is so awesome! Yes I want details for Tristan! Yay Kelly!!

Laura said...

I am so excited that you're doing this!!! Yay for Aunt Kelly!!! Grant looks GREAT in his speedo and looks to be doing so good! :)