Thursday, May 21, 2009

It doesn't take much ....

... to amuze me! Its my first year to have my very own veggie garden!!!!!!! Yes, I live in a neighborhood and I have a garden... call me Redneck, I dont care! I have 8 tomato plants, 4 squash, 4 pickle cucumber, 4 okra, 8 different peppers plants, and onions! I also have strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, 2 different apples, and pears! Im trying not to be to optomistic because it seems as though every plant that comes in my path dies! That is... until yesterday I went looking around and found a ripe strawberry!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO.. I was like a kid on Christmas Day, I was so excited! I picked that little dude, washed it off, and ate it... and man was it sour! Here are some pictures! DONT LAUGH!

We've also been building a stone patio (hence all the equipment and tools in the yard).... let me rephrase... FRANKLIN has been building us a patio! Its been a thorn in our backside.. Im thinking of naming it Lucifer! Just kidding... we just couldnt seem to ever get the guy who promised to help to come over, so my ever so talented husband built it himself! That will be another post when we get some landscaping done! Franklin did an AWESOME job and finished it yesterday! I cant wait to enjoy it and get some furniture and have many meals outside!


Here is my Half bordered garden!

I tried to get up close, but it didnt work! But if you look REALLY CLOSE you can see a tomato on top blooming!

This is my lemon tree! See my ONE lemon!!!

Blueberries

Strawberries!

This was the first one I picked! I was so proud!!!!

4 comments:

Elicia said...

How exciting! Mine isn't growning like it should LOL! I will do a post in a few days about mine so you can see my little tomato plants.

The Overstreets said...

I am SO impressed!!!

Emily G. said...

That is a huge garden!! Can't wait to sample any extra squash/okra etc that you have! :)

Simmons Family said...

YEA for your garden!! Austin and I actually went out and bought us 3 tomato plants for the first time this year also! It's so fun watching the plants grow- you feel like a proud parent! So I can only imagine how you feel with all your plants! And i don't know if I have told you this before but if I have I am going to tell you again- I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that picture of Grant with the tie on!! Landry will definitely be getting a picture like that!! So adorable!!