Saturday, May 16, 2009

My 1st Mother's Day!

Despite Grant's grouchy face here this might possibly have been one of the most memorable days of my life! Grant was so sweet on Mother's Day! I have to admit that I've never felt more special in my life! Mother's Day gave me this awesome feeling that no other holiday can offer! I have a wonderful loving husband who gave me a little angel, and I thank God each and everyday for putting both of them in my life!!
It seems like my Mom has everyone over for each holiday and even though this was my 1st Mother's Day I decided to give her a break and I would have the party this year! We had about 18 people at our house but it was so fun! Franklin grilled hamburgers and everyone else brought a dish to help out! This was my Strawberry Limeade cake that I made, and I must say.. it was a hit!
"Blood of my blood" is a quote that my Granny often uses! I look at this picture and that day looked around the room to see a house full of family and to know that it all started with Granny and Grandpa! Pretty amazing!
We were also so happy to have Franklin's Mom, Grandma, come join in as well! After all without her, I wouldnt have Franklin or Grant! :)
Of course even though it was Mother's Day.... I had to have a picture of my favorite boys!
Granny's special time with each of the boys is feeding time! She got to feed Grant his pears!
I wished this picture would have turned out better! I mean, its GREAT of Toby and Yates but Yates' hair was absolutely hilarious when he woke from his nap!
About a year ago little Tol came to spend the night with us and Franklin always tries to find new and exciting things to do, like pitting cherries! To this day Tol still talks about pitting cherries with "Frankin"! Of course Franklin wouldnt let a little fella down and had some "pittin" time with Tol!

Grant loves his cousins! He watches them carefully and then cracks up laughing!
Grandma usually comes with a new treat and this time she brought Grant a new bath toy and he LOVED IT!
Grants Great Uncle Richard and Aunt Rhonda bought him the faucet cover before he was even born and he LOVES IT! He likes to flip its hat up and down!

1 comment:

Simmons Family said...

I know exactly what you mean about feeling so special on Mother's day! It gave me a new appreciation and understading for the day as well! But it also makes me appreciate my mother so much more now that I have Landry!! By the way the cake you made looks AH-MAZING!!!