Saturday, May 9, 2009

Visit from the Great Grandparents!

Bare with me.. this could be my longest post ever!
Last week Franklin's Grandparents came down from Ohio for a visit! They come down every year the 1st weekend in May for a grave decoration of their parents. Each of them had large families (I think Gma had 11 siblings and Gpa had around the same). Anyhow, they go to the Cemetery that their parents were buried and put out fresh flowers and then go to the Bill and Brenda Hamptons for a fantastic meal afterwards! And of course Grandma and Grandpa were dying to see their 1st Great Grandbaby, they havent seen Grant since December! I certainly miss them, they really helped with Grant and he was always entertained!

This is a picture of Grant so desperately trying to crawl over to Grandma.. he just couldnt make it!

He LOVED playing with Grandpa... he would watch him very intently!

Another great reason for loving having extra people around??? It wears him out.. he fell asleep eating!!!!!! Anyone who knows my son knows that he doesnt miss a meal, so you know he was exhausted if he fell asleep eating!

Having a big time with Grandma!



PICKLED OKRA!!!!! Like I sd.. this child will eat anything you give him!


Pat-a-Cake!!!! He can do it! Only when he wants to of course!


These next two pictures crack me up! This goes to show you that Great Grandparents will go to any extreme to make them smile.. Grandma is bent over the ottoman upside down! Grant was dying laughing and trying so hard to get a hold of her hair!!!!

And he got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a hapy boy!

Grandpa Frank came over for a visit!!!! Grant loves to read!

He stole Grandpa's hat!

Here we are at the grave site! I wished I would've taken more pictures but it was rainy!


I absolutely LOVE this picture!!!!!!!!!!! I think its so sweet!

FOUR GENERATIONS!!!!!!!1! All of these men have the middle name Edward and were the 1st male babies in the Madewell family! Well.. I take that back.. Im not sure about Grandpa but the other three were!

2 comments:

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Sweet! He is so cute. I love Franklin's grandparents!!!

Elicia said...

Oh my goodness he is getting soooo big!!! He looks more like a boy than a baby in some of those pictures. Give him big smooches for me!