Sunday, May 17, 2009

Strawberry Pickin'

Every weekend the same question comes to mind... "What do you want to do"... walking in and out of the same stores over and over just becomes boring. Franklin decided we need to try to be more adventurous and do more stuff outside and make an effort to find things locally! Last year we took one of our nephews to pick strawberries in Portland, TN but this year we wanted to find something closer to home. So we did a search and found a strawberry farm in the Bell Buckle/War Trace area! We had an absolute BLAST! Grant loved it... he actually picked his own strawberry and mashed it in his hands! He was was so overwhelmed by all the strawberry plants... I love his "Concentration" face!

Hmmm.... how do I get over there????

Reach for it....

GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!

Oh.. and here is another one!
YUM...... I know he's not technically at the age to have strawberries but I couldnt NOT let him have it.. after all.. he did pick it himself! He LOVED IT!


And.. the best part about pickin strawberries! A GOOD NAP!

OH... and the homemade strawberry popsicles... OH MY.... they were delicious!


Here is a little video of Grant picking his first strawberry!

3 comments:

Emily G. said...

It is 7:30 in the morning and I am drooling over that strawberry popsicle!! YUM!

Glad you guys had fun! What a great idea!

Elicia said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! He is so cute! I can't wait till we make it to the strawberry festival this year. Great family memories. And I am with Emily..that popsicle looks amazing!!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

Love it!!!!