Monday, September 14, 2009

GIRL'S TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!


Ahhhhhhh... just those two tiny words.. "Girl's Trip" just makes me smile! Two of my great friends, Emily and Casey, and I decided to take a road trip to Atlanta, Georgia to the Ikea store. Our mutual friend, Mary Leigh (who was supposed to come with us but ended up having to stay home to attend a wedding.. MAN WE MISSED YOU!), has raved about this place to me for a year or so now and I've been dying to go. So ... Saturday at 745 Em picked me up in her new Van and off we went to get Casey.. after a short stop by Starbucks, we were Ikea bound! Now.. I've never been to Ikea... I just knew that all my friends liked it and I knew I liked all of the things they had purchased from there... but I must admit.. I had NO CLUE what I was in for. That place is 5 acres of pure female bliss :) ... Organizational items, furniture, rugs, bathroom stuff, shelving, toys.. you name it.. they have it! Being that I wasnt prepared and didnt have anything in particular I was looking for.... I didnt do to much damage! Emily and Casey on the other hand... well... just see the pictures of the cart below! Speaking of that cart.... OH THAT STUPID CART! Words do not express how much I hated that cart, LOATHE isnt strong enough... I'm pretty certain that it would've made the Pope himself curse.. it was that bad!

Me and the STUPID CART....
This should've been a picture of Emily and Casey.. since that was their full cart

After about 3ish hours of shopping they had a little snack bar downstairs and HOLY MOLY.. they had the most delicious cinnamon buns you've ever put in your mouth! The look on Emily's face when she saw that coming was PRICELESS.... I'm pretty sure she cheated on Greg with that cinnamon roll! (totally kidding!). I wont lie, I had one too and it was divine!


I booked us a room in dowtown Atlanta at the Hotel Palamar (however you spell it) and it was super "swanky" as Emily would call it! After checking in and changing clothes, we got back in the van and headed out to find somewhere neat for dinner! On the way we stopped at a Trader Joe's (seriuosly.. only Mom's would go to a grocery store on a girl's trip!!!) and The Container Store (I LOVED that place!) and then found Uncle Julio's for dinner! OH MY GOSH... Em may have had her way with her cinnamon roll but MY OH MY did Casey and I have ours with the guacamole... HOLY COW.. Im not sure I've ever had guacamole that good! It was a pile about as big as my head and we ate almost every bite! The food was to die for... I barely got a word in at dinner because I constantly had my mouth crammed with food! We stayed there probably two hours determined to finish our meals.. not to mention the fact.. we werent on anyone elses schedule and didnt have any little sticky fingers picking in our plates! I cant remember the last time I've laughed that hard, and we certainly learned A LOT about each other. I wont be able to eat Mexican again without thinking of Emily.... picture it.. 7 months pregnant, slouched to the side of her chair, a look of disgust on her face because she's so full and saying "OH I need a cushion" ! Now it might now sound that funny.. but it was HYSTERICAL! Casey and I looked at each other and about fell out of our chairs laughing!
Here we are AFTER dinner! Stuffed but having a ball!

After that we get back to the room and Emily needed her chocolate fix and low and behold there was not a vending machine in the hotel.. so back to the elevator and around the corner to Publix we go!!! Now..Im not sure what was going on that weekend but lets just say there were some "interesting folk" out on the town.. WOW! I've seen many bad/slutty outfits in my time but these certainly were "special"! WHEW! After that we all got in our pj's .. Casey and I decided to let Em have her own bed since she's pregnant! POOR CASEY.... OH .. bless her soul! I was dog tired .. and I told them that... and I even warned Casey that I was a wild sleeper! I remember getting up at 3am to go to the potty.. and thinking.. Is Casey reading with her book light on? Nah! Well the next morning we get up and appartenly I kept my knee in her ribs all night and snored :( NOT ME... I dont snore?????????? YAH.. I do! I felt so bad... :( I will be better next girl's trip! I promise! Dang those full size beds! Hey... at least I didnt spoon her!

Sunday we were up and out by about 830 and headed to The Flying Biscuit! We had heard awesome reviews and thought we would try it out! Emily and Casey really enjoyed it... I on the other hand, thought it was good but I wanted good ol' country biscuits and gravy and that wasnt on their menu! It was too modern for my taste.. still good though!

Anways it was a WONDERFUL trip and I desperately needed it! I missed my boys really bad but feel like I came back refreshed! Enjoy the pics! Thanks for a great trip girls, lets go again soon!

3 comments:

The Overstreets said...

Love the pics! I had SO much fun! Totally agree about the Flying Biscuit, but dang was that guac good! Time to start planning another trip!!!!!

The Overstreets said...

Love the pics! I had SO much fun! Totally agree about the Flying Biscuit, but dang was that guac good! Time to start planning another trip!!!!!

Emily G. said...

I forgot about that dang cart!!! Ha, you were hating on it bigtime.

Btw, that pic of me with the cinnamon bun is awesome!! What a hoss :)

Great trip, can't wait to do #2 -- Gatlinburg!?