Saturday, September 5, 2009

Has it really been a year?


The picture above is so funny to me.. Franklin and I had NO IDEA what we were in for! A year ago today at 9am I was induced to have my sweet baby boy! Little did I know that it would be 21 hours, 7 epidurals (that didn't work), and a c-section later before I got to hold my sweet little boy (Sept 6, 2008)! Franklin and I were so blessed to have such a big wonderful family there to support us! Franklin never left my side and was everything and more I could've asked for in a husband/father! I tear up as I sit here and write this because it seems like yesterday that all of this happened and yet I can hardly remember life without our sweet baby boy! Tomorrow we will have his very 1st birthday party (dont worry.. that will be its own post!) and I am so excited to celebrate one year of a happy healthy little boy, and yes.. I admit I am sad too and will probably boohoo when we sing Happy Bday to him! Here are a few pictures from his birth!


8 lbs 5ozs 21 1/2 in




Our 1st family photo!


My first glimpse! Love at 1st sight!



I love this.. notice his little leg... he always rubbed my arm with those sweet little feet!


His 1st day of life just happened to be the opening weekend of college football! GO VOLS!


His birth announcement!
One year later......

4 comments:

The Overstreets said...

Happy Birthday Grant! Great post Hallie! Don't get to sad on his big day, baby boys get more fun as they get older!

Jayne Weber said...

Oh Hallie!! I had no clue your labor was that intense!...what a sweet little boy you have to show for it though! :) Time really seems like its past so fast! When Anniston turns one, I will probably cry too!... Happy Bday Grant!!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

AWWWW!!! Happy birthday to one of the cutest most adorable boys I know!!!

Emily G. said...

Hope the big man had a good bday. Can't wait to hear about the party!

PS It's okay to cry. I cried on Nate's 1st and 2nd bday. And will probably do that till he's 16. Or 30. Who knows! :)